Thu, Jan 13|
Indiana STEM Education Conference
The seventh-annual Indiana STEM Education Conference will be held on Thursday, January 13, 2022. The goal of the Indiana STEM Education Conference is to support K-12 STEM learning opportunities by sharing effective practices in teaching and learning.
Time & Location
Jan 13, 2022, 9:00 AM – 3:15 PM EST
Purdue University, Stewart Center, 128 Memorial Mall, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
About the Event
Nyla Nova STEMversity is super excited to be a sponsor of the 2022 Indiana STEM Conference! Come join us as we learn, create, share and evaluate new STEM curriculum, theories, and best practices.
The seventh-annual Indiana STEM Education Conference will be held on Thursday, January 13, 2022. The goal of the Indiana STEM Education Conference is to support K-12 STEM learning opportunities by sharing effective practices in teaching and learning. The theme for the conference is “STEM Education: Making Giant Leaps.” The conference will include:
- IN-PERSON and VIRTUAL participation In-PERSON will take place at Purdue University
- Keynote speaker Dr. Briony HorganDr. Horgan is an Associate Professor of Planetary Science at Purdue University. She is an investigator on the newest NASA Mars rover, Perseverance. Dr. Horgan will discuss her experience becoming an interdisciplinary STEM researcher, her research experience with Perseverance, and her thoughts about encouraging future STEM researchers through the K-12 schools.
- Over 50 presentations on STEM curriculum, STEM instruction, STEM careers, and STEM research
- A resource webpage with presentation slides, presentation handouts, vendor handouts, and research posters
- Networking with STEM education vendors
- Access to recorded presentations following the conference
- Professional Growth Points for teachers
Registration will open at 8 a.m. The conference will begin at 9 a.m. and end at 3:15 p.m. Lunch is included with the in-person registration fee. In-person and virtual participants will have multiple offerings to select from for each of the four sessions across the day. There will be four strands for conference presentations: STEM Instructional Strategies, STEM Curriculum, STEM Career Exposure, and STEM Education Research.